Places to Stay Maui operates the https://placestostaymaui.com website, which provides the Service.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Places to Stay Maui website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address as well as your city and state of residence. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us which is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
In essence, cookies can be considered as short-term memory for the web to enable a site to ‘remember’ little pieces of information between pages or visits. They are widely used to make the web experience more personal.
However, some cookies may collect data across several websites, creating ‘behavioral profiles’ of people that can then be used to decide what content or adverts to show you.
This Service uses these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. To serve this purpose, a GDPR (AVG) & CCPA-compliant cookie banner is in place. It gives you the option to either accept or switch off cookies by category (functional, performance, analytics, advertisement, or others).
If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Note that, should the cookie banner not appear due to technical malfunction, the “implied consent” policy applies, meaning that we assume you agree to cookies being stored as you use this Service. If you disagree, then you should either:
- Not use this Service.
- Delete the cookies after your visit to this Service.
- Browse this Service using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (“Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, or “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari).
Like most online services, this Service uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function correctly, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
- These are cookies placed by this Service directly.
- This Service uses Google Analytics to collect information about your behavior on this website: what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on, and so forth. It is important to note that this data is not tied to personally identifiable information. This Service activated the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to get an idea of our user’s demographics and interests expressed through their online travel and purchasing activities.
- This service website runs the popular WordPress CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged into WordPress. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionalities on the site will be broken.
- These are cookies placed by external websites whose services are used on this Service.
- Examples are the sharing buttons across the site allowing you to share content onto social networks. You should be aware that these social network sites will likely collect information about what you are doing all around the internet.
Delete cookies from your browser
Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from major web browsers:
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us with your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.